Wednesday, March 25, 2020
You know I warned you with the very title of my blog, time may pass...and it has! So, what have I been doing? Things, things, all the things!
Many, Many pics to come!!!
Sew and sew. Here in southern Alabama, there is an alarming lack of PPE or Personal Protective Equipment, including disposable facemasks for healthcare, first responder, and other workers.
So, I asked for volunteers to help me sew reusable facemasks to donate to those who need them. We are so grateful for the people who are on the "front lines" of this pandemic, putting themselves in harm's way, while many of us have to stay home, that we feel the least we can do is volunteer our time and materials making these protective facemasks, which could help prevent the spread of illness. I have made a detailed tutorial with pictures available, free, to anyone who wants to use it for non-profit purposes only. You may access the tutorial by clicking here 》 How to make a reusable facemask
|LINK TO TUTORIAL BELOW|
Friday, September 2, 2016
GOING TO BE AT VINTAGE MARKET DAYS OF MOBILE! https://www.facebook.com/events/1569009863418244/ I'll have vintage clothing, household, and decor items. Upcycled clothing (wait until you see what I'm making now!) as well as upcycled household decor upcycled from items other people toss! Also, will have a limited selection of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas items. Special children's selection of items under $1.00! Visit my booth - There Can Be Only One and see what treasures you can find ♥
Friday, May 27, 2016
Welcome to my brand-spanking new blog. I've been putting it off for sooooo long, because I really, really love to write and once I get started, I might just get sucked in!!! On the other hand, I have so many other things I'm involved in, I might not update it often enough and that will be just as bad! So, what to do.
I am just going to put a, hopefully, brief outline of some of the things you might find on my blog in the days, weeks, months, etc., to come:
- Household Items
- Vehicles (just kidding, but, maybe not!)
- Tutorials of some/most/all of the above! *This IS exciting!
- TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) - not to be confused with "The End of The World!" The world can continue on after some really bad things have happened, it just won't be the SAME WORLD!
- Gardening for non-gardeners
- Really part of prepping, but can be stand-alone?
- I live in the south, my gardening will be for the south, sorry
- Identification of "weeds" that are actually "food" and/or medicine!
- Is it too late? Are there too many glyphosates already? Is the water cycle already ruined? Does it matter if I use heirloom seeds and natural fertilizer? Should this be under Prepping? LOL
- Vintage, non-electric sewing machines (see 1.1 and 2)
- Hand-stitching (see 1.1 and 2)
- Vintage, electric sewing machines
- Newer, electric sewing machines
- Really amazing embroidery/sewing machines and sergers!
- Why is my thread breaking, tangling, skipping stitches?
- Why did Hancock Fabrics have to close! ;-(
- On Being A Veteran
- On Being a Female Veteran
- On Being A Disabled Female Veteran
- Why Did I Join the Air Force???
- Do you really, really need one?
- (Yes, you do!)
- What kind?
- How to fix it